The 21st-century era has seen some of the major technological changes, and one of the most prominent ones is increasing use of AI or Artificial Intelligence. Artificial intelligence is around us in one or more form. The most common form of AI today is best Futbot AI Assistants like Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, Cortana, etc. Alexa is one of the best AI Assistant which you can use seamlessly across various devices, be it a smartphone, or a tablet, or a PC or Amazon Alexa powered speakers! Just tap its app or the speaker, or just use a wake-up word and Alexa will be there for your help. It is super easy to use and is pretty useful too. From playing music, making calls, streaming videos on command, making grocery lists, setting alarms to controlling smart home devices, Alexa is a very capable AI.
Introduction To Alexa App for Android, Ios, Mac, Pc [ Also Alexa App Apk ]
To use Alexa on your devices, there are two applications. The first one is the regular Amazon’s Alexa app, and though it is quite useful, it still doesn’t feel like using an Amazon echo speaker. The alternative is REVERB Application, which is very similar to using an Echo Dot speaker. Also check Apple warranty
About Amazon Alexa App
Amazon has an Alexa Application through which you can use it on any of your devices and the app is great. You can easily connect to your Alexa powered speakers through it and use all basic functions of Alexa through it on most of the devices. If you’re confused about how to use the Amazon Alexa app for android or how to download it and install it, follow this article to the end. Test dpc apk
Functions and Features Of Amazon Alexa app
Alexa was first introduced as a virtual assistant who was entirely limited to smart speakers, like the Amazon Dot, Amazon Echo, etc. But in the past few years, its mobile and PC applications are also here and are equally useful. If you’re wondering what are the best features of this Alexa app is, check the list below:
- Alexa app can be activated using a wake word and thus can be used from a distance.
- Alexa supports a wide range of language and hence is useful for everyone.
- Allows easy setup of Amazon Alexa powered speakers like the Echo, Echo Dot, etc.
- You can ask for any type of music or entertainment, or you can detect a song using Alexa app.
- Alexa also helps in getting everyday news or information regarding any topic across the globe or beyond!
- Through Alexa app, you can make calls across Alexa powered speakers or general calls, or even a Skype call.
- The best features of Alexa app is of setting up reminders and alarms.
- Alexa also lets you control smart home devices like fan or lights.
- You can do fun stuff with it too like flipping a coin or listening to jokes.
- Alexa app also lets you shop, on Amazon just by using Alexa commands and this is super handy at times!
Got a question? Alexa is there to answer you.
REVERB Application: The alternate
REVERB is an interface Application for Alexa AI which brings all features of Amazon Alexa especially those which are available on echo speakers directly to your device. REVERB can also interact and control any device which Alexa can as it uses Alexa V2 now. Some devices like Apple Mac computers do not support Alexa App. For those devices, Reverb is a great option. REVERB is available to all Apple Devices and can also be installed on Android devices with much ease. It has all capabilities of Alexa and is a great alternative. You will need an Amazon account to use Reverb and Alexa services.
Download Amazon Alexa app
Amazon Alexa app works perfectly on Android devices, iOS devices, and Windows 10 powered devices. Following are the ways to install and use Alexa app on android.
Download Alexa app for Android
Alexa app is available for a wide range of devices, and any smartphone running on Android 5.1 Lollipop or above can easily install Alexa on it. The Alexa App is available on Google Play Store, and you can download it from there. If you’re finding it difficult to download from the Play Store, click on the link below to download the Alexa APK file. If you have any problem in downloading use kat proxy .Once you’ve done that, follow these steps to install the Alexa app:
- After you have finished downloading the APK file, go to “Settings”.
- In settings, find “Security settings”, and then click on “Unknown Sources”. This will allow your Android smartphone to install Applications via APK files. In Android Oreo or Pie, you will be automatically promoted to allow installation from unknown sources.
- Now, go to your file manager and click on the Alexa APK file.
- Allow on-screen instructions and then click on “Install” icon. The installation process will start now.
- Now, click on “Done” and the installation is complete.
Alexa on Android is a good option to use. You can use it to configure and control all your Alexa powered speakers and through it, you can control your home. To use Alexa app on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the app, and input your Amazon account username and password. If you don’t have one, go to sign-up.
- You will get a menu of devices which you can set with the app. Skip it, if you want to use it only as your smartphone’s virtual assistant.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and grant permissions to Alexa app as it demands.
- Talk to Alexa as it will verify your voice.
- That’s it. Now you can even use Alexa instead of your regular Google Assistant for your everyday usage!
To replace Google Assistant completely as your default virtual assistant, go to settings and then search for “Apps & Notification” and then select default apps. Now, you can choose Alexa instead of Google Assistant, and then on pressing the home button, Alexa will pop up instead of Google Assistant!
Download Alexa app for iOS/Iphone/Ipad
For many, Siri is cool, but when compared to Alexa, it stands nowhere. Alexa is a bit more powerful and responsive Virtual Assistant out there. So what if you want Alexa in your iOS device? Well, we have got you covered. Follow these steps for installing Alexa app on your iOS device, be it an iPhone or iPad:
- Go to the App store and search for Amazon Alexa.
- Click on the “Install” option and the download will start instantaneously.
- Soon, the Alexa app will be installed successfully.
For using Alexa app on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app, and then input your Amazon account details. If you don’t have one, go to sign-up and create a new account.
- You will then get a menu of devices which you can set with the app. Skip it, if you want to use it only as your smartphone’s virtual assistant.
- Follow the on-screen instructions as Alexa seeks permissions microphone and camera.
- The Alexa app will then ask you to talk to verify and record your voice.
- That’s it. Alexa is now good to go.
Note that, unlike in Android, you can’t replace Siri with Amazon Alexa. Though, it still has all the various cool commands to use like setting a timer, calling someone, controlling smart home devices, or jokes or access weather.
Download Alexa for Windows PC, windows 7/8/10
Windows has a natively build Virtual Assistant, Cortana, which we all know is just not powerful or responsive. Whereas, Alexa can be one of the best virtual assistants if you can install it on your Windows-powered devices such as PCs, Tablets, or Laptops. However, one necessary condition to use Alexa app on pc is that you must have Windows 10 in your device.
Follow these steps to install Alexa app on your Windows 10 device:
- Go to Microsoft Store and search for “Alexa”.
- Click on the app and the installation process will begin.
- If, you don’t have access to the Microsoft Store, download the Exe file of Alexa app from the link given below.
- Once you have downloaded the Exe file, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- That’s it. Now you have Windows 10 in your PC.
Alexa is more powerful on a Windows 10 device than any other device. Now follow these steps to use Alexa:
- Open the Alexa app and log into your Amazon account. If you lack one, go to “Sign-up” and create one account.
- Click on “Accept” to accept the terms and conditions of the Alexa app.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and give permissions as asked by clicking on ‘Allow”.
- If your Windows 10 device supports hands-free access, you can set a wake word for Alexa too. For this, go to the Alexa App’s “Settings” then choose the word and record your voice accordingly.
- You can now click on Alexa icon to use it or you can just pair it with the smart speakers!
Alexa on Windows 10 supports all the features and even skills which are only limited to Amazon Alexa powered speakers. You can set an alarm, talk back for jokes, even make video & audio calls, control your smart home devices, gadgets, make shopping lists and ordering them online on Amazon, etc. Though some commands are not available, especially to control your PC as Cortana can do. But, smile as you can also ask for the latest content on Amazon prime platform!
Download REVERB Application
REVERB is a great alternative and if you’re wondering how to use it, we have got you covered. It is especially useful for Mac OS devices and can be used on Android and iOS devices too. Follow each step carefully.
Download REVERB for mac OS devices
Mac OS lacks the support of Amazon’s regular Alexa app. However, if you still want to use Alexa instead of the boring Siri, we have got you covered. For this, you will need the REVERB Application. Follow these steps to install REVERB on your Mac PC:
- Go to iTunes or the App Store and search for REVERB app. You can also download REVERB from the link given below.
- The app will be downloaded and the installation process will start.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and give permissions wherever REVERB asks for.
- REVERB is installed successfully!
Once you’ve installed the REVERB app, using it is pretty much similar to the Amazon Alexa app for mac. For using REVERB Application, follow these steps:
- Go to the REVERB app and open it.
- The app will demand sign in. Use an Amazon account to do so. If you don’t have one, go to Amazon and create a new one.
- The application will ask permission to find location, turn on the mic, camera, etc. Allow all permissions for seamless use of REVERB.
- You will get a mic icon. This icon works in quite a similar way in which the Amazon echo speaker works. You have the blue light going rounds when you have pressed the mic icon.
- In the Settings of REVERB, you can select options like using REVERB on the lock screen, always connected REVERB, etc.
- Download REVERB Application for Android and iOS devices:
The process of installation of REVERB Application on Android and iOS devices is pretty similar and is much like the setup of Amazon Alexa app on these devices. Follow these steps for installing and using this app:
- Go to App Store or Google Play Store, and search for REVERB Application. You can also download REVERB from the links given below.
- REVERB will start the installation process once the download is complete.
- As soon you find that the installation process is complete, go to the app and open it.
- Sign in with an Amazon account. If you lack one, create one.
- Allow all permissions and the REVERB is there for your virtual assistant needs.
The above are different ways to use Alexa on your devices. If you’re using Amazon Fire tablets or TVs, then you don’t need one as Alexa comes pre-installed in these devices. However, if you own a Mac OS device, go for REVERB Application, it is super handy. And for all other devices, Amazon’s Alexa app is great and you always have the REVERB alternative!